Wednesday, March 18, 2015

You Want What???

A Peacock, Dreamcatcher, Sleepover, Spa Party!!! Yes, that was Ashlee's request for her 8th birthday. Luckily I was up for the challenge and actually REALLY loved working on the fun and eclectic theme.  It meant I could get really creative which is what I love to do!

We wanted a fun, fresh and modern sort of vibe with bold peacock colours. And I found the perfect irregular, slightly wonky font that has the look of hand cut paper letters.

The Invitation was a simple, clean design... 


We didn't really want a formal 'Welcome to Ashlee's Party' type of sign for the front door so we decided on something a little more fun and quirky...



'Party Like A Peacock' is still plastered across my dining room wall...it kinda makes me smile every time I look at it, so I am having a hard time letting it go.



I made a little peacock piƱata that doubled as the table centrepiece.



I also made a whole bunch of dreamcatchers to decorate the walls and the girls made their own dreamcatchers to take home with them.  







I really loved working on this party!  From designing the graphics, making the cake, desserts, and decorations; it really was an awesome DIY adventure.  I hope you enjoyed a little peek at the photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment