Monday, April 9, 2012

Liar Liar!!!

I have to confess...
                                    I lied to my sister for nearly six months!!!  

But, there is good reason for all the lying...

My GORGEOUS sister's 40th Birthday.  Danielle (and my parents) live on the other side of the world from me...Atlanta, Georgia USA to be exact.  And all of the lying centered around a surprise visit to the USA to celebrate Danielle's 40th birthday.

It was way back in October last year that David (Danielle's husband), my mum & dad, Jason (my husband) and I started to plot Danielle's birthday celebrations. There were a lot of secret emails, phone calls and Skype calls between us all...I can't believe that we managed to pull it off and she had absolutely no idea.

We surprised her by sneaking into their basement and calling her via Skype video.  While Jason and David were talking 'golf' (that was our cue) Ashlee and I snuck upstairs to surprise her.  Needless to say, there were lots of tears, laughter...and relief that we didn't have to lie anymore!

It was time then to celebrate with a PARTY!!!

My incredibly talented mum styled a beautiful sweets table and made all of the desserts herself!


In the months before the party, we sent out balloons and cards to Danielle's Aussie and out-of-town friends and family so they could write birthday messages.


For some photo-fun my oh so handy dad built a freestanding photo booth.  Here's a peek of some of the family pics...

I am so glad that I was able to be there to celebrate with Danielle.  With only 21 months age difference between us, she has without doubt been the most amazing sister and friend.  She is vibrant, kind, generous and truly beautiful in every way.  I am so thankful to have been blessed with the perfect sister.  Happy 40th Dee...Love you always and forever!!!

8 comments:

  1. You gave me goose bumps reading this Leonie! What a wonderful surprise...and to pull it off without your sister knowing is quite an effort! Loved all of the photos, and what a clever mum! Looks like a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love it that you surprised her in such a big way! What a talented and lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so fun!! That photo booth is just too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome surprise party. It's amazing that you were able to pull off such a big surprise. It looks like the party was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing 40th bday set up, desserts look incredible, and the photos r fabulous, you all look fantatsic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this was so sweet! Kudos to you and your family for pulling off this amazing surprise. Your sister is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is sooo cute
    WEll done :)

    thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog

    hugs
    BB

    ReplyDelete